Friday, October 17, 2008

Alba booked Jenkins for 2 more years


Alba Berlin has locked up star guard and reigning German League MVP, point guard Julius Jenkins(1.87-PG) for another two seasons, the club announced Thursday according to the Euroleague Official site. Jenkins, who has spent the past two years in Berlin, had one more season remaining on his deal. Now he will remain with the club till 2011.

Jenkins averaged 17.9 points in nine ULEB Cup games and 18 points in 34 German League regular season games last season. He improved his scoring numbers to 18.9 points in the playoffs, including 20.5 points per game in the finals as Berlin reclaimed the German crown. Jenkins previously played for RCE Nuernberg in Germany and Euphony Bree in Belgium.

"This means a lot to me and I am very glad that I will be part of Alba Berlin in the future," Jenkins said. "This is my third season here and I now feel that I know the team, the club and the city really well. I hope that we will win together more titles."





0 comments: