Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CSKA added Marjanovic for 3 seasons

Center Boban Marjanovic (21 years, 221 cm) added to our team’s roster. The player from Serbia signed 3-year deal with CSKA.


The player arrived to Moscow on July 5 and will be examined in one of the medical centers. The agreement will become official after the examinations.

The team’s newcomer is grown by Hemopharm Vrsac system. He took part in 6 Eurocup games (9.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.0 bpg in 18.8 mpg) and 27 Adriatic League games (7.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.8 bpg in 15.1 mpg) last season. He made his debut for the National Team in 2008 helping Serbia to qualify for Eurobasket 2009.

Dusko Vujosevic, CSKA head coach:
“I like Marjanovic very much both as a player and a person. He is a very tall player, still he possesses good feeling for the game. Definitely, he should improve, his potential is obvious. Boban expressed big desire to progress to the next level; he is ready to work hard. I am confident that combination of Sasha Kaun and Boban Marjanovic will provide us with possibility to vary different styles of offense and defense. I’d like to mention that we are not done with selection process, we continue to study the chances to strengthen our roster.”

Boban Marjanovic:
“I am very excited about my new contract and moving on to the next level of my career. It’s really a pleasure to become a member of one of the best European basketball clubs with such an impressing tradition and to have a chance to make progress in such a great environment. I am happy to have Mr. Vujosevic as my coach and excellent players as my teammates.”


source : cskabasket.com

Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: